Sunday, May 6, 2007

Fiber




It's been awhile, but I found the pictures I was looking for - most of them anyway. From left to right: the first picture is of some dirty fleese Ruth (The Dizzy Ewe) and I purchased when she was up to teach some classes. The middle picture is a "before and after" - Ruth was kind enough to show me how to clean fleese (such a perfect house guest that Ruth, I tell ya). The last picture is of the fiber she displayed at our regular Thursday night guild meeting. When Heatherly walked into the room and saw the fiber she actually let out a little sqeal/sqeek sound!! I love it - We all had a great time and enjoyed the three days that Ruth spent with us. She attended out Guild meeting on Thursday night - nothing formal, just hanin' out and spinning. On Friday she did a class on Woolen and Worsted - we all got to touch and feel dirty and cleaned fiber (see picture above) and try combs - we were running short on time so not everone got to try the carders, but all in all we learned a ton!! Saturday was our dyeing class "graduated shades from a single pot" - pictures of that in another post.
June's fiber is BAMBOO!

No comments: