Monday, May 28, 2007

June is BAMBOO month!

Our fiber of the month for June is bamboo. I am still spinning the alpaca from May (will it ever all spin up??). I swear - 7 oz of fiber has NEVER taken so long to spin. It's never-ending.)

Jaci has worked fearlessly on the fair - Heatherly has posted pics on her blog & sent an email with a link to the Butte County Fair - check it out at www.buttecountyfair.org - quickly dear spinners - entries are due by July 20th. I know I was a complete and totally slacker and did not get any entries in for the other fairs. I hope to make up for it by submitting at least one entry in the Butte CountyFair.

Here is my challenge to you (for those who attend our guild meetings): For every entry you submit to the fair - you name will go into a hat for a spinny prize. Everyone who enters an item in the fair will receive something from PSG. Lets represent spinning locally and enter in the fair!!

See ya'll on June 7 for our next guild meeting. Bring a friend, bring some fiber - remember you do not have to spin bamboo next month. We will have fun facts about this fiber and for those who are spinning - we'll tell you what we think about it!!

No comments: